Sunday, October 20, 2013

1 Kit for Coronado Biking

For the Oscraps blog feature, 1 Kit 5 Ways, we used Happiness by Snips and Snails Designs.

When I opened the kit, I was drawn to the gray paper, in particular the grungy gray with swirlies…I love this kind of paper/look. I chose a photo from our latest trip which to me represents happiness – riding a bike! I was looking for something without too much color that would go well with the gray. This cityscape of San Diego in the background fit the bill with the predominantly gray/silver buildings. I used a gradient mask to blend the photo, then used several of the overlays, my favorite part of the kit, to blend. Turning one of the overlays to color burn made it look like a bicycle! I liked adding some red bits to triangulate the color in the bike.

Coronado Biking photo Coronado-Biking_zpse0252a74.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment