Sunday, August 4, 2013

What's Next - Craft, Purge or Both?

I cleaned up all the mosaic supplies from the bowling ball project.  So what's next?

I started opening the doors in the "crafty garage" cabinets and pulled out a large box.  It is full of fabric scraps.  Years worth of fabric scraps.  I am such a hoarder, I could never throw these away.  Until now.

Box of Scraps photo IMG_4800_zps451c7c84.jpg 

I am determined to not move these boxes again. I think the only way to tackle them is one at a time, doing what needs to be done. And so I spent the evening in front of a Harry Potter movie (Deathly Hallows Part 2) sorting through the scraps. The really small ones went into the garbage. The garbage bin is fairly full. The reasonably sized ones went into a stack. I can try to sell them or give them away. The strips are being set aside for another braided rug. Yes, I have 3 in the house already, but it's such a good use for fabric strips, like the leftovers from bindings and even selvedges, and I do love these rugs.

 New Braided Rug photo IMG_4799_zps9545a6fe.jpg

2 comments:

  1. The braided run looks awesome! I need to purge some of my paper scrapbooking supplies to reclaim some space in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, the paper scrapbooking stuff must also go some day!

      Delete