Monday, August 26, 2013

Organizing the scraps

I'm not happy with my scrapbooks from 2012 and into 2013.  I have some spillover of 2012 pages into a 2013 book and its bugging me.  This problem somewhat comes from printing too much and keeping too much.  In 2012 I printed each of my photos of the day, and I scrapped weekly pages which are in a book, and I made additional pages, and on top of that I have ephemera.

One of the dilemmas is, where to put pages with vintage photos, chronologically when I did them?  While that makes sense from an artistic progression perspective, there is just too much in the 2012 book, so I think 'vintage' will get it's own section in another book.

So I started reorganizing, and it's a bit of a mess.  Pages must be shifted, glue and staples are involved, and every flat surface in the vicinity of my desk is covered with pictures and ephemera.  Digiscrapping seems easier, but the pages must get printed and organized, else the point is lost.  No one is going to look at your hard drives.

Thus I am dealing with the mess, but at the same time reliving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment