Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Under the Boardwalk

I am running the quote challenge at Oscraps this month.   I am filling in for Sara, who is filling in for Ona, or something like that, so we are doing the old switcherooo, which means I am not well versed in the traditions of this challenge...read this as...I get to do what I want!

So I decided to do SUMMER quotes from songs, which is sort of like the Lyrics challenge (this is what happens when you call someone in from the bench). There are soooo many available, just google summer song quotes. Here's a great reference:

I've collected a few to get you thinking:  

Girls in their Summer Clothes (Bruce Springsteen)
And the girls in their summer clothes
In the cool of the evening light
The girls in their summer clothes
Pass me by  

Summer in the City (Lovin Spoonful)
 Hot town, summer in the city
Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city
All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head [

Summer Breeze (Seals & Crofts)
Summer breeze makes me feel fine
Blowin' through the jasmine in my mind

Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer (Nat King Cole)
 Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
Those days of soda and pretzels and beer
Roll out those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer
You'll wish that summer could always be here [

Under the Boardwalk (The Drifters)
Oh when the sun beats down and burns the tar up on the roof
And your shoes get so hot you wish your tired feet were fire proof
Under the boardwalk, down by the sea, yeah
On a blanket with my baby is where I'll be
(Under the boardwalk) out of the sun
(Under the boardwalk) we'll be havin' some fun
(Under the boardwalk) people walking above
(Under the boardwalk) we'll be falling in love
Under the boardwalk, boardwalk!

In the Summertime (Mungo Jerry)
In the summer time when the weather is high
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's right You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Hot Fun in the Summertime (Sly & The Family Stone)
End of the spring and here she comes back
Hi Hi Hi Hi there
Them summer days, those summer days
That's when I had most of my fun, back
high high high high there
Them summer days, those summer days


The list of kits to use is like an 'Endless Summer', in fact we have a whole category for summer .

I wanted to do something with the Boardwalk pictures.  The Boardwalk was such a great end to The Nat's visit.  It was something she really wanted to do, and the weather cooperated beautifully. 

I used the song from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ads, little knowing that it was done by the Ramones, or at least redone by the Ramones, which is the version in the ad.

Boardwalk 1 photo Boardwalk-1_zps3964101e.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment