Thursday, July 11, 2013

The Dining Room Table

After the completion of the chair project, and not to be left out of the craftiness, MR AC recently refinished the old dining room table.

Technically, I guess this is an antique, belonging to the Mr AC grandparents, and we've had it for as long as I can remember. Although I didn't take one,  I could probably find a "before" picture.  Here we go, this was from my burlap table runner project.  Note the different color of one of the leaves, and the dullness of the finish, which was quite marred with water marks, the effects of too-hot dishes, and maybe, just maybe, some glue and glitter from some recent crafting.

Runner 1 photo Runner.jpg

And here it is after removing the varnish, sanding, and a couple coats of do-it-all varnish.  The leaves are nearly indistinguishable and it's shiny and pretty!  We didn't do anything to the legs except add a little varnish restorer.  I do wish I could paint the legs a shiny white, but most of Mr AC's furniture is off-limits to my craftiness.  I long to shabby-up that little china cabinet in the background.  I'll have to be patient on that one.
 Dining Room Table photo IMG_4579_zpsfd5e7051.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment