Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Story of the Delamere Plates

It's Memorial Day Weekend, and there are no big plans.  I like it that way, a chance to catch up on some craftiness.  I spent a lot of time this weekend organizing pictures and digital scrapbook pages that need to be printed, and sending off the print requests to Shutterfly and Persnickety Prints.

Then I realized I don't even have a binder started for 2013!  Must go to JoAnns and get a binder and some page protectors.

Well, right next to JoAnns is Savers.  I didn't plan this very well, since I should bring a donation every time I go to Savers.  After all, it is not hard to get together a bag of something that we no longer want or need.  I didn't think through a donation, but still I went in to take a look, especially since I need a frame for my new 'Girl with the Pearl Earring' print.

I didn't find any frames on this trip, but I found some lovely plates!
Four dinner plates, four lunch plates and two soup bowls, in the Spode Delamere Cranberry pattern.  They were so pretty, they were calling to me.  This was the perfect angel-devil scenario..."you don't need any plates", "but you hate those ugly old Correll things and you can get rid of them".  To make a long story short, I did walk out without them, but a few minutes later, with some encouragement from Mr AC, went back in and bought them.  Came to $28 with tax, a lot to spend at the thrift store, but they are so pretty!

Spode Delamere Cranberry photo IMG_4058_zpsfb1c4016.jpg

When we got home, I decided to see if I could find a couple more bowls on eBay. I didn't find any, so saved a search and tried other sites. Couldn't find any cranberry anywhere, although there were some in brown and blue, also lovely. As a result of my research I found that I had snagged quite a bargain. Replacement costs for what I bought are about $240!

My 'deal' are already being well used for good causes, like lunch of home-made pizza.
Pizza & Plate photo IMG_4061_zps6406d368.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment