Thursday, April 11, 2013

You Hold the Keys, Part 1

Fabulous new kit from Jen Maddocks Designs, all about locks and keys, which for me are fascinating images.  Its another of those things which I can't really explain, why locks and keys are so interesting.  I even bought a whole box of keys once on eBay.  I think I used one or two of them to make some altered tags.  Which means I still have that box of keys.
 
I seem to remember my dad having a whole bucket of keys.  Not just a little pail, but one of those 5 gallon industrial buckets.  There may have been more than one bucket.  He loved metal junk, well, he loved junk of all varieties.  I think someone brought over these buckets of keys to see of he wanted them.  I don't remember many details.  This was in Newark, so I would have been about 5 years old.  I recall lots of those delicious skeleton keys.  I wish I remembered more.  I would enjoy having a bucket of keys now.
 
Anyway, fast forward many years, and I am not the only one fascinated with this imagery.  For one, Jen is obviously a fan.  As are lovers all over the world, who proclaim their infinite love by securing a lock and throwing away the key.  This set of locks was hanging on an overhead fence on the Cinque Terre, just before the path ended in Riomaggiore.  In the background is the view from this spot, looking out to sea.

Cinque Terre Locks photo Cinque-Terre-Locks_zps68f16e9d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment