Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Creativity Recap

I already showed my Easter tags.  Let me talk about the other aspect of my artsy craftsy creative Easter, the table and the meal.

I supplemented my burlap table runner  and place mats with doily chargers, some doilies in a circle, wrapped a big yellow fabric bow around a vase of yellow tulips, added a ceramic bunny, a Sage & Citrus Yankee Candle and my Franciscan Desert Rose place settings. Note my Easter tags hanging from the chandelier. 

table set at night photo Easter2013001_zpsd82588e5.jpg

When the sun shone in the window in the morning, it really was lovely! table set in the sunshine photo Easter2013011_zps7b98e6ed.jpg

Then for the meal.

Menu:

Starters:
Orange Cream Mimosas made with frozen freshly-squeezed tangelos and cream
Deviled Eggs
Cheese, Crackers, Apple Slices, Prosciutto and Carrot Jam

orange cream mimosas photo IMG_3255_zps43a1c7b8.jpg appetizers photo Easter2013013_zpsfdb5786e.jpg
appetizers photo IMG_3254_zpsf1ac82ad.jpg

Main Course:
Grilled Salmon with Endive & Berries
Grilled Radicchio with mozzarella and balsamic
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus bundles
Risotto
Rose Wine
salmon with endive and berries photo IMG_3256_zpsa1156daf.jpg vegetables photo IMG_3257_zps79e759ae.jpg

Dessert:
Home-made Lemon Sorbet

Everything was fresh, delicious and low-carb, so no food coma!  OK, so I didn't cook any of this, except the risotto, but I planned it all to the gnat's eyelash, and did a lot of the chopping and prep.  Plus grilling is Mr. AC's job.

Most of all, the company was great!
appetizers almost ready, waiting photo Easter2013012_zpsfe9012ec.jpg

making orange cream mimosas photo Easter2013014_zps8ddf7d8c.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment