Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Do You Know the Way...

...to San Jose...
This reminds me, I heard that Dionne Warwick is having financial difficulties.  I guess being a star a long time ago does not guarantee a comfortable life.

That song will certainly be famous forever, and is the first thing I thought of when I saw this wonderful map collection from a new designer who will debut at Oscraps on Monday.

But I am jumping the gun and showing this page I made.  Before you know it, poppy season will be over and the dry summer will be upon us.  Right now there are still plenty of poppies dotting the hills with their bundles of orange.  The two photos on the right were taken last month, but the one on the left was from the hillside of Country Club just last week.  I liked the way the poppies were clustered near the tree trunk.
 
I'm not sure what it is about map graphics that I find so appealing.  Just love old maps and alphas made from maps.  I guess perhaps it says 'travel', a favorite subject of mine.
 
I can remember always being fascinated with the reproduction maps and documents they would sell at historical sites.  I remember Ms AC being likewise fascinated. Perhaps it is a sense of history.

Poppies SJ photo California-Poppies_zpsd0eba0f0.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment