Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Challenges - Color & Urban Grunge

For the April color challenge at Oscraps, the challenge was to do a scraplift using the color scheme in this card, basically dark red, yellow and blue.  I honestly wasn't crazy about it, but I can work with it.  I believe I can work with any color scheme, that's the point of it being a challenge.

April Color photo AprilColorLift_zps03df397e.jpg

I chose to life this page or urban messiness which I really admire, loving signs and typography the way I do, and it had the start of the right colors in it.  It features the Urban Kit by Jen Maddocks Designs.


Problem was, I needed an urban picture. A few weeks ago, I discovered Instake, an app that lets you save other peoples Instagram photos.  There have been several times that I really wanted to save something and had to resort to a screen shot.  Not bad, but not the resolution I wanted, and then I would have to cut out part of the screen.  But Instake lets you access the pictures in your feed, at least the last 20 or so, and save them to your camera roll.

The sunrise picture was taken by That Sam I am, a beautiful shot of the San Francisco skyline taken from the Presidio where he and Ms AC work out some mornings.  I would love to see this in the morning.  Of course I am grateful for the view I do have.

 Urban Color April photo Urban-April-Color_zps30cd225c.jpg 
Credits: Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Chevron CrazyLife, ArtPlay Crazy Life, ArtPlay Globe Trotter, ArtPlay Palette Adventure and WarmGlows. JenMaddocksDesigns_Art journal Orange Scribble, Urban Grunge 3, Urban_Scribbles. fonts - the Maple Origins, Tiza, VT Portable Remington

No comments:

Post a Comment