Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sunday Best

When faced with an art journaling kit, I am often at a loss as to what to make with it. It's not that I don't like, or can't do, art journaling, I just have too many pictures, and I want just about all my layouts to have pictures in them. So, I try to combine pictures and art journaling.

This is just a silly page, but it makes me smile. The picture is actually really nice and deserves a real layout. I already made it into a magnet and sent it to mom just for fun, and also because Shutterfly was offering a free magnet, and we don't have anything magnetic in our kitchen, and I also put it on the back of Ms ACs birthday card.

I didn't spend a lot of time on extractions, just blurred and blended a bit, and dressed us up in Sunday Best.  It was indeed a Sunday that we stood on the beautiful Carmel City Beach, celebrating my 56th birthday.  I did spend a lot of time warping the hats to fit our heads :-)

And the words...A Sunday well-spent brings a week of content...these are very true!

  photo Sunday-Best_zpsbee4feb5.jpg 

Made with the adorable Miss Felicity by Maya de Groot:

No comments:

Post a Comment