Thursday, January 31, 2013

Versailles Pink

I am really enjoying going back to the 2005 European trip to Paris, Monaco and Italy to scrap pictures.  There are so many good pictures and great memories.

Needing to work with some very pink kits from Jen Maddocks Designs, I found these wonderful pictures of very pink rooms at Versailles.  Unfortunately, I don't have any specific notes from this trip, and being nearly 8


 years ago, I don't remember the details.  But I was able to find at least one of these rooms on the Versailles website, as the King's bedroom.

The other room might actually be from Marie Antoinette's Petit Trianon.  Some of the pictures are even a bit blurry, since I am sure we could not use a flash, but even blurry, they convey some of the incredible opulence of the palace and its rooms.

Versailles Kings Bedroom

Versailles Pink 2

Since these are destined for an 8x11 Shutterfly book, I thought I might try actually presenting the pages in that size, instead of making them 8x8 and adding other pics to the page. i just have to remember to do this for these pages.  Interesting that I was able to fit another picture on the page in this landscape format.

 Versailles 8x11

There are several kits in these pages, the most significant being the Bokah Love papers...so beautiful with rich pink colors filled with bokah, and Ornate Destroyed (love!), which I recolored with gold glitter styles, also provided in the kits.  Available at the newly reopened Scrapflower.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment