Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Paris in My Closet

I've had this idea for a while, like many of my ideas, actually a long while.  I needed to decide what to do, how to do it, and what to use.  I needed to buy what I needed to use, and I needed to find the best price for what I needed to buy.  No wonder this took months to think, but only an evening to do!

This was the inside of my closet, the back of the mirrored sliding glass doors.  Pretty uninteresting, perhaps even considered a tad ugly.

Closet Before

And this is Toujour Eiffel, a fabric from the Lakehouse Penelope collection designed by Holly Holderman.  **heart**
Eiffel Tower Fabric 
I bought a bolt of the fabric from the Fat Quarter shop at a decent price (I considered buying it wholesale, but didn't quite have a need for 2 bolts, or 30 yards, of the fabric.)

Closet Materials

Mr AC helped by removing to doors so I could cover them horizontally, instead of trying to wrestle the fabric onto the doors vertically.  After staring at products and reading labels for a while at Michaels, we Chose Krylon Low Odor Spray Glue adhesive and this seemed to work out pretty well.

Closet Door Complete

And voila!  The inside of my closed transformed into a little slice of Paris!  I squealed with delight when I went into my closet for the first time.  Now perhaps a little chandelier in there...
 Closet After

No comments:

Post a Comment