Friday, January 25, 2013

David

I am still casually trying to go back and scrap with pictures from older European vacations.  Now that the London book is done, printed, in hand, and a replacement on the way, since the book came with a pretty badly ripped page, the focus is on the 2005 trip to Paris, Monaco and Italy.

For an AnnaLift this week which was centered on statuary, I chose this picture of David from Florence.  This is not the real David, the one inside the Accademia, but the copy that stands outside in the Piazza della Signoria outside the Palazzo Vecchio.  The important aspect here is that this one can be photographed!

I discovered a fun new font from Jellyka that provides just the amount of swirl and flourish that I love.  Also love these canvas frames that pop the image off the page.  Although I am not a fan of white space, I love having an open canvas for blending and textures.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment