Monday, December 10, 2012

December Daily's

Written for the Oscraps blog today. 

I have to confess, until recently, I had never heard of the concept of "December Daily".
A few questions and a google search tells me the idea is to capture a daily photo during the busy month of December, perhaps to scrap that photo along with others taken that day, capturing traditions, activities and life in preparation for the holidays, however you might celebrate them. So I decided to take a look around the gallery to see who is doing "December Daily" and what they are doing with it. And oh yes, always up for a challenge, I decided to give it a go myself. 

I am just in love with the December Daily's done by member Tanderson. I like her standard page format, how she gets lots of pictures onto the page, and always includes a story of what is going on that day, usually a story times 3 as she relates the experiences of each of her children. Oh and that glitter alpha (from Anna Aspnes)...to die for! 
  

A slightly different approach from svandergaegen, with a single picture each day and a bit of captioning, but enough of a glimpse into what is going on. Oh and, now I am hungry! 
 

Just to prove that December Daily is not limited to the cold winter of the northern hemisphere, here is a warm and sunny daily page from Janey1949. How cute is that little boy, and love the triple photo layout.
  
 
Designer Jen Maddocks is not only doing December Daily, she has provided a set of templates for the month! And they are awesome! I was hard-pressed to pick a favorite, but I love this layout for the little glimpses of life plus a special day for a certain young lady.  

 It doesn't need to be elaborate...just a picture, a thought, a little journaling will be enough to jog the future memories. That's the approach being taken by Cheery-O Madi using the Documenting December journaling cards by Maya de Groot.
   

Another busy designer doing December Daily via the Holiday Template Pack is Anna Aspnes, with this page that just makes me smile. This is the kind of page that will be read over and over and will bring back a very specific memory. Also makes me wish I had an Elf on the Shelf.
 

I can't make up my mind between full pages and simple journal cards, so I am trying both. But please don't hold me to 62 pages in December!! This first is using Jen Maddocks 12 Days of Christmas Templates.
  

And this next is using Maya de Groot's Documenting December Cards.

Here are some additional products for documenting December.
From Pink Poppy Press and Anita Designs, a set of daily templates.  
From Sue Cummings, more templates. Templates are the best way to get December documented quickly and easily.
  
From Kitty Designs, a template to document the tale of every day of December.

What about you? Are you documenting December? The month is yet young! Whether you do one or 31 pages, here is wishing you all the very best of the holiday season. Be sure to take some time to scrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment