Friday, November 30, 2012

London Calling

I am somewhat haunted by something I read recently about making sure your pictures are printed for posterity.  Storage media and technology change rapidly, and if not printed or otherwise transferred, pictures could be lost on an unreadable hard drive somewhere.

And so I really want to go back and print the pictures from our major vacations, starting with London.  I don't need to scrap every page, but do need to select the photos, edit many of them, especially those taken in London against that gray sky, and upload them for printing.  A bit of a daunting task.  But, the longest journey starts with a single step.

I did create 4 pages with Maya de Groot's Cheerio kit.  When I started going through the photos, of course the big stuff jumped out, but I decided to focus on a detail, something very British and very London and very neat and tidy, perfect rows of house numbers.  No silliness like '10335' or '5250', these are simple numbers, starting from 1, going into the 40s.  And no skipping.  There is something very satisfying about it.

London Numbers 
Credits: Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palettes English Rose, Ablaze, Maya de Groot Cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment