Friday, September 7, 2012

What the Dickens?

I am proud to be sponsoring my first challenge at Oscraps!

It is for the back to school Scrap-O-Thon and the subject is book covers. 

I remember covering my books with brown grocery bags, or sometimes using purchased plastic-coated covers.  I remember my books didn't always get covered in time, and struggling to do it myself or trying to get help early in the morning before going to school.  This was Catholic school, so showing up without something done was just not allowed, no excuses.  But I also remember a sense of pride when I could neatly cover a book all by myself.  And how the brown paper would get softer as the book was used during the year.  These were simpler times, and sometimes I long for them.

Literal me created a page about my Dickens book shelf.  I love the colors and coordination of these book covers.  Sometimes when I was reading these books I would remove the covers so they wouldn't get damaged.

One of the background images, in the lower left corner, was from a picture I took of the Dickens sculpture in London.

Dickens Book Cover 
Credits: One Little Bird PageKraft, Oscraps Collab nOvel, Lydia Designs Giovanna, Joanne Brisbois CTW (frame), Anna Aspnes 12x12 Script Tease Overlays Learn, Anna Aspnes Warm Glows No1, Anna ASpnes Original FotoBlendz No 5

No comments:

Post a Comment