Tuesday, August 7, 2012

August Challenges - Techniques

The August techniques challenge at Oscraps is about adding texture to your photos.  Besides giving an artsy look, I discovered this can be useful for fixing up a blurry photo. I took this picture with my iPhone of some beautiful canna lilies at the house on the curve of Arezzo. It looked fine on the screen, or at least I thought so...this may be an effect of my degrading eyesight. Anyway, once I got it off the phone, I found it was not fine.  The background is clear, but I was too close.

 Canna Before

By using a deliberate blur, then applying texture, I was able to change it to blur it all a bit and pop the color. 
Cannas After

 And this is what I did with it, although I think it still need some work.  Maybe I should go out and take another picture :-)
Canna Aug Techniques 
Credits: The perfect background papers are from Maya de Groot's App-solute Basics. Anna Aspnes Original ArtPlay No 1, ArtPlay Palettes Adventure and Ablaze, Anna Aspnes Acrylic Alpha, Oscraps Collab Tango (overlays, frame, brads, confetti)

No comments:

Post a Comment