Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Beach Journal

I heard that Molly likes to write, and so when contemplating a little gift for her, I decided to make a beach journal.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to put a proper binding on it, but was able to whip up some cute and simple pages using Jen Maddocks Sand & Surf, Joanne Brisbois A La Plage and Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Wander.  The lines are provided by Deena Rutter's Necessary Office Paper.

I duplicated several pages to give her at least 10 pages, cut them in half, punched holes and bound with ribbons.  Now I need to find some hole reinforcers to send her, since they started to tear a bit from frequent use.

I am happy to report the journal was a big hit.  She wrote in it every day and read it to us at the end of the trip, filled with insights and photos.


Beach Journal Cover

Beach Journal

Beach Journal

Beach Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment