Friday, June 15, 2012

Quilting the Golden Gate

Using Quilt Templates 5 from Jen Maddocks.

I have so many more pictures I still want to scrap from the Golden Gate Bridge 75th birthday celebration, including this precious one of a rowboat on the beach along Crissy Field with the bridge in the background.  A man was lying on the beach near his boat, and a few questions determined he had rowed over from Sausalito, which while not far, was impressive to me.  It looks far, and the water is no bathtub, the winds to be reckoned with.  He deserved his Foster, and I do hope he made it home safely.  Meanwhile, his boat made for a great picture.

I combined the quilt template effect with a watercolor sketch effect for a very dreamy-scape.  The background is Jen Maddocks Folded Craft paper, the elements from Jen Maddocks Tell Your Story, with the border from Anna Aspnes Find My Way Overlays No 3.

GGB QT5

Next up another GGB picture, combined with the skywriting that spelled out Happy 75th, this one using Jen Maddocks Film Strip Fly Away in addition to Quilt Templates 5. GGB QT5 2
Additional credits: Jen Maddocks Green Day, Sand & Surf, Tell Your Story and Anna Aspnes Find My Way Overlays No 3.

Available at Zig Zag Scrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment