Sunday, March 4, 2012

Seuss Land Part 1

We went to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I didn't even know there was a Seuss-land at Universal.  It was so visually beautiful, with all the bright colors, especially against the gorgeous blue sky on the particularly good-weather days we had in Florida in December.

So it's about time I scrapped some of these colorful photos.

When I am working on challenges, I try hard to use photos that I want to scrap, as opposed to finding photos that fit the theme.

The March web inspiration challenge at Oscraps was this poster, and the theme of 'strong woman'.  I tried hard to find a picture of myself holding up a lava rock...I was sure this existed, but I went through all the Hawaii pictures and didn't find it.  What I did find was me looking like a total dork in my hiking gear, but that's another story ...

March Web Inspiration

Then I looked again at this picture and saw primary colors and red dots.  I've been looking at a lot of Seuss-kits in the last few days, created for Dr. Seuss' birthday.  Then the light bulb went off and I had my subject.

The red dotted paper was so fun and perfect, and I like the oddly shaped mats for the  extra photos, matted in bright yellow to pick up the colors in the photos as well as the theme colors.  That yellow swirl, found in a kit from Dido Designs, was perfect to convey some color-energy to the page.  I created the title with a little warping, and threw some blue in the background with a simple lassoed extraction and a watercolor brush.

Suess Web Challenge 
Credits: Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Strawberry Preserve, Anna Aspnes Magic FotoBlenz Album 1A, Anna Aspnes Anna Sampler No 2, Dido Designs Queen Freebie, Oscrapbs Collab Soiree, Maya de Groot Backpackers 6

No comments:

Post a Comment