Saturday, March 17, 2012

Getting Ready to Party

It's just 8 more days until the Oscraps 6th Birthday Party!  We have so many fun activities planned...challenges, scavenger hunts, mystery scraps and a hop, of which I will be a part, starting next Sunday the 25th of March.

As a Cheery-O I need to have my party gear ready in advance, so here is my decorated 6.  I thought long and hard about what to do with this cool "6" template broken into 6 pieces...favorite things?  That made me think flowers...all of these pictures were taken in the last week or so.  Then it occurred to me, the 6th is my birthday, and so the concept of flowers, birthday, flower child of the 60's all came together.
I only wish I had a picture of me from the 60's to complete this.  Maybe one day I'll come across one and add it on.

Deco 6 Flowers
I could not have pulled off this 60's flower child look without the help of Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Girl Crazy and Anna Aspnes Scribble Blooms. The alpha is from Vicki Stegal, part of the Oscraps collab Soiree. Font is Claudia Jean.

Meanwhile, I also needed a birthday avatar, so I added this picture of me in a mermaid cutout from Hanalei Village, rather fitting to the colors and theme of the Age of Aquarius.

6 Avatar Large

Scrapping is so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment