Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Freshly Scrapped Poppies

I have been honored to have my Leap Day Birthday Card selected to be the subject of this week's AnnaLift at Oscraps. "AnnaLift" is a weekly feature where one layout featuring Anna Aspnes products is selected as the inspiration to be "lifted" or copied or serving as the inspiration for a new page.

 Here is my original, the birthday card I made for Ms AC.

Leap Day Card

I wrote all about this card on the Oscraps blog on Leap Day.

And here is my lift, a picture of fresh California poppies I took just yesterday at the back of the 16th hole on the golf course overlooking the valley. The photo is untouched, right from my iPhone.  California poppies are such delicate flowers that the sun provides powerful shadowing.

To fully explain the inspiration process of going from my original to my lift, I need to share the beautiful lifts that came in between.  I hope to do that once the lift is over.  But suffice it to say that there are some beautiful pages prominently featuring flower photos.  And we know how I love flower photos.

I wanted to use the same basic kit, Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Crazy Life, and I wanted to use fill word art.  The font is called 215000E and I love the graphic grungy fell of it.  Both words are simple warps, the top filled with a paper from the kit, the bottom filled with a text paper, then overlaid with a gradient in the same yellow-orange colors from the poppies.
Another poppy photo is blended into the background, along with a texture paper, some additional word art, and a bit of brush work.

I quite love them both!
Poppies AnnaLift0308 
Additional credits - Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Poppy, Anna Aspnes Project 366 Word Art No 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment