Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Best Shot of Princeville

I took a lot of pictures on Kauai, heck, I take a lot of pictures everywhere I go. 

This shot, with the lovely orange hibiscus in he foreground of the beautifully manicured Makai Golf course, with the mountains in the background, and a very clear blue sky, bluer and clearer than one usually sees on the north shore of Kauai, is one of my favorites.

I used this for the copycat challenge at Oscraps, the point of which was to use the provided template to scrap a large picture.  That's my kind of challenge, and my kind of scrapping, with large pictures!

I love the scattered grouping of postcards at the bottom and the diagonal placement of touches of orange.  I love the line at the bottom and the stitching that frames the page and keeps the eye focused on the lovely scene.  Heck, I love this page, as I do all the scrapbook pages I make, featuring photos that bring on lovely memories of people, places and things.  Oh and I get to do art at the same time :-)

Princeville CopyCat 
Credits: Anna Aspnes: ArtPlay Palette Encapsulate, Artsy Blenz Snow Paperie, ArtPlay Palette Sunshine Bouquet, ArtPlay Palette Ablaze, Floral Art No 3 
Maya de Groot: Family is Forever, Art Journal Freebie

No comments:

Post a Comment