Sunday, January 22, 2012

A New York Sketch

I've missed scrapping, a lot.  But scrapping needs materials, so no regrets about going off to Kauai for a week so I can gather more memorable materials.

Of course, I still have plenty of unscrapped memories from June in Europe, December at Disney World, and the holidays in New York.

So let's take a look at a New York sketch.

This page was inspired by an AnnaLift page done by Kathleen D of the Duomo, I think from Florence.  Subsequent lifts continued to focus on landmarks.  I thought about using some building photos from New York, but I loved this photo I captured of the trumpeting soldiers with the wind whipping the silvery and golden flags.

I used the Graphic Pen Sketch filter on top of a mask set to Soft Light blending, turning the opacity down to 80%.  It gave me the perfect blend.  I used the same mask on a full color version of the same photo, then added an extraction of the waving flags, this time with the blending mode of Luminosity.

AnnaLift0126 New York 
Credits: Anna Aspnes Anna Sampler No 2, Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palettes Strawberry Preserve and Retro Holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment