Monday, January 9, 2012

Midway Mania Lift

Although I didn't finish scrapping Europe, I think it best to try to scrap as close to events as possible, making it a lot easier to remember, and document, the details.
And so I am somewhat randomly doing the Disney scrapping before I forget things...

Like how long we had to wait in line for Midway Mania, the best ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Since it was the day after our arrival,and the big Mickey Christmas party the night before, we decided to sleep in and get somefood in the condo before venturing over to Hollywood Studios.
But when we got to Midway Mania, all the Fastpasses were already gone for the day,
and there was a 65 minute wait.  Well, we waited...for a bit more than 65 minutes.
But it was worth it!

One of the things I love about Disney is how they work the details.  There were so many fun things to see along the way, like life-sized playing cards, giant dice, enormous scrabble boards and tiles.

I like capturing these details in my scrapping, reinforcing little memories.

I designed this layout as a lift of a lift, for the weekly AnnaLift at Oscraps.  It looked like a template was used for the original, but I decided to create it myself, good practice at creating rounded-edge rectangles, key lines and repetitive brushes.
Brush coloring is a bit different in CS5, so more good practice.

Midway Mania AnnaLift 
Credits: All from Anna Aspnes - Magic FotoBlenz Template No 1A, Numbered Overlays No 1, Artplay Palette Special One, ArtPlay Palette Sweet Christmas.  Adventure brush from Katie Pertiet

No comments:

Post a Comment