Thursday, December 8, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Last weekend Mr. AC & I went to the Global Winter Wonderland in Santa Clara, in the parking lot of Great America.  It was an interesting mix of a carnival and a light parade, pretty well done, but with a definite carny slant :-)

The light structures were steel skeletal frames covered in colored silk lighted from the inside.  The silk is very saturated, making for some great color.

Snowman

Although there was a Christmas theme, it featured world landmarks, including many asian and mexican landmarks, which was an interesting twist. All my favorite landmarks were well represented, including the Eiffel Tower, the Status of Liberty, the Golden Gate Bridge and the Grand Canal in Venice!

Eiffel Tower Statue of Liberty

Golden Gate Bridge Grand Canal

One of my favorite things were the trees that changed color!

Tree Lights 4 Tree Lights 3

Tree Lights 2 Tree Lights 1

The non-Christmas colors worked well for the December color challenge at Oscraps, featuring this palette of wine, pink, mauve brown (very like my current nail polish) and deep green,

which I turned into this, using the Oscraps December collab kit, Family. Winter Wonderland

1 comment:

  1. This looks like such a cool event! I know my kids would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete