Sunday, December 4, 2011

Hanging the Twelve Tags of Christmas

Last year I participated in a class at Memories Live On, creating the Tim Holtz 12 tags of Christmas.  I actually had to go back in January to finish the class, as it is quite a log of wonderful craftiness to create these tags.

After Christmas I carefully put them away in a Omaha Steaks box, and yesterday it was time to get out the box and hang the twelve tags.

I wasn't sure how to hang them.  Mr. AC suggested making a braid from which I could hang using ornament hooks.  Ooh, make a braid!!  I used 5 strands of yarn, 2 each of normal 4-ply white and red, with a thick green chenille, and chain stitched using my giant crochet hook that I use for making fabric-braided rugs.
Voila, the 12 tags are hung on the mantle in the great room.

12 Tags 1

12 Tags 2

Love these tags, and love the chunky braid!
12 Tags 3

12 Tags 4

No comments:

Post a Comment