Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas in Union Square

One of the things on my "todo" list for last weekend was to see the Christmas decorations in Union Square.  They did not disappoint!  The tree was just magnificent.  And while I am sure I would be thrilled with it at night, it was also perfect on a warm sunny Sunday, backlit by a perfectly blue San Francisco winter sky.

I scrapped this up super quickly for a special 12 Days O' Christmas Color Challenge at Oscraps using
Maya de Groot's Santangles Quick Pages, Maya de Groot's Santangles and Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Ablaze.

Here's a little secret...Quick Pages are quick!  This particular page only had two circular slots for pictures, the rest of the page was completed flattened and uneditable.  But I placed my large photo of the tree in the white space area (cause we know I do not like white space) and blended it with a mask and a color transfer, making it look like it blends in with the layers.

Union Square Tree 2011 

There are three more quick pages in this Maya Santangles set, which are currently on special, free with purchase...I should try them all!

1 comment: