Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend at the Artsy Craftsy's

I'm really liking these weekend posts, as I get to exhibit much more artsy craftiness than during the week.

This weekend was full of holiday prep, but that doesn't mean there wasn't craftiness going on in the house, oh no, quite the opposite!

First up was a trip to see Twilight Breaking Dawn (for Ms AC et moi, Mr AC ran errands), taking pictures in front of the big cardboard cutouts, and scrapping the pics as an "AnnaLift" scraplift about "Crushes".

AnnaLift  1118Twilight
(Credits - Anna Aspnes Artsy Layered Template No 38, Winter Frames Transfers, ArtPlay Palette Ablaze from The Daily Digi, ArtPlay Palette Sophistica, ArtPlay Palette English Rose, ArtPlay Palette Poppy, ArtPlay Palette Special One, ArtPlay Palette Barren Sunrise)

Next up was making the 4th and final toilet seat cover, in time for National Toilet Day on Saturday!  I am thrilled with how cute it looks, bringing more great color to the Mickey bath!
Mickey Bath

The big accomplishment was completing the chicken placemats for the kitchen.  This is the fabric that Ms AC so sweetly bought for me from StoneMountain & Daughter.  I measured and drafted and thunk till I figured out the Table Graces pattern, made a sample, then successfully executed it 4 more times.  I LOVE how they look!  And all the fabric came out of the stash (and coordinates with the Mickey toilet seat cover).

And there in the center of the table is my new little succulent garden, purchased at the Craft Market at the country club on Sunday.  There are 5 adorable little plants in it, in a lovely yellow and black bowl.

Chicken Placemats

Then there was some quilt hanging. At first I had vowed to hang my quilts better in this house, with nicer rods instead of sticks, etc. But here it is nearly 2 years later and only a couple quilts are nicely hung. So rather than continue to have bare walls and quilts all over the floor, a few got hung, with their old sticks. This one, good old Big Blossom Trio, is in the upstairs alcove (I need to fix up this alcove...some pretty new curtains, a comfy reading chair and a lamp, would be so cozy!) Big Blossom Trio

And along the hallway, Moon Spots and Moon Spots II, and you can just see the sides of the 4 Diane Phalen quilt prints, finally hung, and of course quilts on the railing and landing, but those have been there for a while.  It makes for a nice gallery effect along the hallway!
Quilts in the Hallway

In the sewing room, I decided to hang Vintage Frocks.  I gave the skirts a good pressing and it looks so sweet hanging there on the Provence Cream walls, above the ironing dresser, which has a new cover on the ironing surface (Mr AC did that for me last weekend).
Vintage Frocks

Mr. Artsy Craftsy set up his train this weekend! I have to admit I didn't think he would get to it, nor did I realize it could be done so quickly! I helped by glueing felt pads to the bottom of the saw horses to protect the carpet (yeah, glue gun used!).
Trains Toontown Station

No comments:

Post a Comment