Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Gnome is Not Santa Claus

I was pretty excited about my Halloween costume.  Once Mr. AC came up with the perfect blue jacket, I knew I was set.  I worked hard on beard, eyebrows, and the rest of the costume.  I was excited about answering the door to trick-or-treaters.

And then the "Hey it's Santa" stuff started.  What?  Santa?  What is it with you kids, how can you not know the difference between a GNOME and Santa?  Am I wearing red?  NO!  Does Santa wear a pointed hat?  NO!

After trying to explain this to one little girl, I finally gave up, gave her some candy, and wished her a Merry Christmas.

Then there were two boys, one of whom, like others, addressed me as Santa.  The other boy said, "that's not Santa, it's a garden gnome".  Thank you!  And I did thank him, with a whole handful of candy.

So, perhaps my costume wasn't as successful as I thought it was.
But it was fun, especially getting pictures of the garden gnome sneaking around the garden...

Halloween 2011

...and taking a little nap in the back yard... Halloween 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment