Friday, October 28, 2011

San Francisco Heart Journal

The last of the October challenges at Oscraps was the Creative Techniques challenge to do an art journal page lift of a page from Bush Girl.

I chose this page, as it spoke to me immediately of San Francisco and the famous Tony Bennett song.


Even for art journaling, I like to include photos.  I had a set from September 18th that I hadn't yet used, although some of the shots are the same shots I take every time I am at Ms. Artsy Craftsy's on Twin Peaks.

It was super warm that day, and we went for a walk in the neighborhood so I could take a closer look at the mosaics at the Rooftop School across the street.  With the sun setting behind us, I snapped a photo of our shadows on the sidewalk.

I love how the shadows juxtapose on the city images, surrounded by a heart.  The heart is a simple custom shape, clipped with a collage paper (from Maya de Groot Designs Collage Papers) and erased with a few brushes.  The San Francisco word art is another extraction from a photo I took at the Embarcadero in April.

I wanted to incorporate additional elements from the original, like the wing brushes, the staple and brad, but I think I already have enough going on.

Journal San Francisco 
In addition to Maya de Groot's Collage Papers, which appear in the heart as well as the lower left corner, I used masks and stitches from Anna Aspnes Magic FotoBlenz Album and the background paper is from Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Barren Sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment