Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Missing You - A Scraplift

The weekly Anna Aspnes "AnnaLift" challenge at Oscraps was a lovely card this past week.  I recognize these colors from the Saffron Villa ArtPlay Palette, and love how the loops are filled in, in this, the original card by Kathy that we were challenged to lift.

Unlike previous weeks, where I was able to accomplish my lifting quickly and easily, this one had to percolate for almost the whole week.

Should I make a card?  I love cards, but would I actually print it out?  Probably not.  So in the end I decided to lift the loops and fills ideas, but in a full-sized layout.  Or maybe it is a big card!

I took the picture of the rose on one of my morning jaunts around the block.  It's at the neighbor's house at the bend in the road.  The inner petals are all balled up and paler than the luscious red of the outer petals...the form is beautiful! 


The words I found somewhere on Facebook, and modified them, and so perfectly express something I have thought about so may times...
Missing someone isn’t about  how long it has been since you’ve seen them or  the amount of time since you’ve talked. 
It’s about that very moment when you see something or find yourself doing something and wishing they were right there by your side.

AnnaLift 1014 Missing You Rose 
Credits: Anna Aspnes Portal Art Prints 3, ArPlay Palettes Floralis, Autumnal 2 and Seafoam, Scribble Blooms and the mask and overlay from FotoBlenz template 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment