Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Romeo & Juliet Inspiration


The Inspiration Challenge this month at Oscraps was a lovely artsy grungy scratchy journal with a clip on the side.  I knew I would reproduce it quite literally, because that's what I tend to do, but what picture to put on it?

I must think of my vacation photos, because they are not going to scrap themselves!
Flipping through Orvieto, Padova, Stresa...nothing, then I hit on it...Giulietta's courtyard in Verona, specifically, the lovers graffiti wall!

R&J Inspiration Challenge
Here is the inspiration photo:

Papers from Maya de Groot's The Art of Journaling were perfect for the journal cover, already splatted with paint drops and grunged with text. The background is from Maya de Groot's Collage Papers, with elements, including the cool chain heart, from Maya's Artsy Fartsy and Stuck On You.



I added papers and overlays and artstrokes and splats and brushes and the crocheted butterfly from Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palettes Saffron Villa, Seafoam, Find My Way, Special One and ArtPlay No 1, and some brushwork and fotoglows from Anna Aspnes FotoBlenz Album.

Not only did I meet the challenge, but now another vacation scrapbook page is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment