Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Catching Up with Jen Maddocks Scrapping

I've done so much scrapping over the last week, I've hardly had time to show it all off.

A great new kit from Jen Maddocks called School DayZ was put to good use, first for my Week 34 layout.  It was a fun week with my tiled table project completion, bob-kitten sightings on the golfcourse, flowers encountered in unexpected places, and Amy's visit on the weekend.

This layout uses Jen Maddocks Crop Circles template, a favorite for weeklies, since I can plop 4 smaller photos in the circles (which I elongated to better fit my pictures), and blend others into the bacground.

I also have to mention Simply Kelly's blog tutorial on typing on a text path, which I successfully used to create the oval and curved captions on the photos.  I know how to do text paths, but struggle with them.  Kelly's tutorial made me successful the first time, and I love how the captions look!

Week 34

I collaged so much onto my weekly, it didn't show all of the specialness of the kit, so I did another quick layout with just a single pohoto, my photo of the day from Aug 31, wherein I resolved to stop chasing the squirrels that eat the blossoms off the Rose of Sharon tree.The gorgeous background is a single paper, already collaged and grunged for me.  Just a few element additions and the layout was done.  The title is Jen's Scratched Alpha plus a pea font.

Squirrel Snack

Here's a look at the preview for the School DayZ kit...there were so many fun elements, I wished I had 'back-to-school' photos to play with. I thought about digging some of Megan's first day of school photos, but no time, as there are too many other photos to scrap and artsy craftsy things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment