Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scrapping the Amalfi Coast

After Rome, we moved further south, where it was warmer and brighter, and so my scrapbook pages of this area seem to have a lot more color in them, nice after the 29 pages of earth-toned Rome.

I started with Sorrento, scrapping it in 8 pages, but am saving those to show tomorrow.  After Sorrento, it was on to the Amalfi Coast.  I selected a little over 40 pictures, and the first 10 or so are now in pages.

The pages use Maya de Groot's Double Dippers template as a start, with her Sail Away papers as background.  I added elements from Anna Aspnes Something Springy and ArtPlay Palette Find My Way.  It was a challenge to tie the two pages together.  The circular ring helps (hmmm, kinda love tha way that looks!), but I used some of the red papers on the blue page and vice versa, added a purple bougainvilla picture on the left side to balance all the bougainvilla on the right, and added a touch of mustard, taken from the picture of the mosaic of Positano, to highlight the spread.

Amalfi Coast 1 Amalfi Coast 2
I tried not to sweat the details on these layouts, but have to admit, they just didn't seem done to me until I added the staples, the anchor and fleur-de-lis brush, and the buttons and brads.
Amalfi Coast 1
To add to the tie-in elements, I repeated the button and brad on this page, repeated the staples, and added another brush to tap on just a little more mustard yellow.
Amalfi Coast 2

No comments:

Post a Comment