Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stacked & Pink from Simply Kelly

A pretty new kit and versatile template from Simply Kelly Designs have enabled me to feature some recent flower photos from the garden and neighborhood.  
We know how I love taking pictures of flowers!

First, using Kelly's new Roll With It Kit, and her Along a Curve template, I captured one of my photos of the day of the Rose of Sharon tree blossoms in the back yard.  I love how strong the contrast is between the petals and the deep blue sky.  Similarly, the contrast of the pink and black adds a lot of drama to the layout.  I love the flower elements that look like molded clay...wish I knew how to cluster better.

Rose Sharon Bunco Kit

The Roll with It Kit is actually Bunco themed. But since I have never played bunco, I chose the simply make good use of the colors and the wonderful curvy elements.  The pretty blue "paper" on top is simply a blue to white gradient using the sky color as a starter, overlaid with one of the papers from the kit, set to "multiply" blending mode to remove the white.


Last week when we were too tired to play golf and too tired for a long walk, we walked up Coulon Hill and were delighted to find the thistles in bloom. There is one thistle plant in the creek on the 5th hole that we see when we walk over the bridge, but I never have the time or inclination to get closer to it (we kind of hate that creek on 5, and even more where it curves and winds and cuts the 6th fairway in half). The last time we were on Coulon Hill the new thistle leaves were pushing up out of the drying ground, but this is the first of the fresh new batch of thistles.

This layout uses one of Simply Kelly's new Stacked Templates, along with papers from her Power of Pixels and In the Pool kits. All the thistle stuff - papers, seeds, tag, overlays and grunge - are from Jen Maddocks Designs Everyday Garden kit.

Thistles SKD Stacked2

There are 2 other templates in this Stacked Templates package that I am anxious to use.


No comments:

Post a Comment