Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Anna Aspnes' Project 2011

There are so many wonderful and talented designers involved in digital scrapbooking.  I love being on the Creative Teams for Simply Kelly, Jen Maddocks and Maya de Groot.  But if I had to pick my favorite designer for scrapping personal projects, it would be Anna Aspnes.  Her esthetic so exemplifies the collage style that I adore, and the pages made with her templates and products really make my heart sing. I first started seeing reference to Anna in the gallery at Jessica Sprague. There was one particular member, Ann6, who made the most beautiful layouts that would stand out and draw me from the pages of the gallery. And almost every time I was drawn and read the credits, Anna Aspnes products were involved.

And so I am excited to be participating in Anna's Project 2011, newsletter-based instruction and inspiration series designed to result in at least 20 scrapped pages using templates and prompts, especially prompts for journaling.  We are about half-way through the project, but it's not too late to join. Go to Anna's blog and sign up for her mailing list.

As I was catching up on CT commitments in early July, I was a little late getting going, but have created 4 of my June POTD pages using products from this series, and I LOVE these pages, full of color and excitement and yes, plenty of journaling, now hopefully better as a result of the prompts in the Project 2011 lessons.

The first is a double-page spread of  the Lauterbrunnen POTDs:
June Lauterbrunnen Left June Lauterbrunnen Right

The second a double-page spread of the end of June, covering Zermatt, Pontresina, St. Moritz and Zurich, as well as the flight home:
June Zermatt June End

I look forward eagerly to the arrival of the weekly Project 2011 newsletter and am looking forward to the continuation of the lessons and layouts.



1 comment:

  1. You should contact Anna and see if she is looking for CT members! I know she will love your work! :)

    ReplyDelete