Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Strike & Monkeys & A Freebie, Oh My!

Simply Kelly Designs has a new Strike Kit that is perfect for bowling photos.  Only trouble is, I don't have any bowling photos.  There may be some somewhere.  I remember Megan's Cosmic Bowling party at Homestead Lanes, although we can't seem to remember which birthday it was...maybe 13?

And I thought Amy might have some bowling party pictures of Molly, but no.


But, the colors are so vibrant and fun, and I love checkerboards and stripes, so I used this kit to make collages with recent pictures of roses and a butterfly bush from teh gold course, and the pretty azalia bush in our back yard.
Oh, love, love, love!!

I wish I had kept better track of what I did here.  I know I started with the pictures, two pictures of the pretty rose bushes on the 13th hole, from our May 25th afternoon golf outing.  I placed one on a checkerboard paper, using an Anna Aspnes mask, and another on the solid green paper, using another Anna mask, then I went nuts with acrylic brushes, fotoglows, cutouts, and blending.  The stitches, also from Anna'sMagic FotoBlenz Album #1, were the perfect finishing touch.  Well, those and the rose, from Anna's ArtPlay Palette English Rose.

Rose Collage with Strike

After doing the first one, the 2nd one was a piece of cake...same processes - pictures, masks, cuts, blending modes and brushes.  I also used some papers from Simply Kelly's Celebrate Kit and the word art is from Jen Maddocks Everyday Garden kit.

Flower Collage with Strike

These are going to look great side-by-side in my printed album:
Rose Collage with Strike Flower Collage with Strike
Grab the Strike Kit for 30% off through June 8 - there is a lot more to do with this kit than just scrap bowling pictures!

And what's more fun than a barrel of monkeys!! While Molly and Lily are a little too sweet to be considered monkeys, I know there is plenty of 'monkey-see, monkey-do' that goes on among them.  How adorable are they??

These layouts feature a blog-hop freebie kit from Simply Kelly called Monkey-ing Around. 
The template is Lindsey Jane Template 14.

Monkey Girls

Monkey Girls 2

This is going to look so cute in a side-by-side layout!
Monkey Girls Monkey Girls 2

Head over to Kelly's blog to pick up this adorable freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment