Monday, June 6, 2011

7 Days in May - Day 6 True Story

The challenge for Day 6 of the Jessica Sprague 7 Days in May challenge was to create a layout with the theme of True Story.  The word art was provided but optional.

I'm a firm believer in 'the first thing that pops into your head' as well as efficiency.  I also wanted to do one of the last challenges I would have time for before heading off on our European vacation, a scraplift challenge at Design House Digital.

So I thought of using a Harry Weber photo/postcard, and it was all downhill from there.

Have I mentioned that I love my own work?  Well, I do, I  love my artwork.  I love layouts like this, with lots of stuff going on, things tucked into every corner,stamping and blending and oh how I love texty-looking things like newsprint.  I'm getting better at overlapping, and even attempted a little cluster here.

The true story, while not particularly incredible, is about how Harry Weber traveled to places in 1930, the same places we have traveled to, and oh by the way, we will be in Lauterbrunnen again in a little over 2 weeks.  Those mountains just don't change much.  I love having these old photos and postcards and being able to create 'then and now' layouts like these.

Eiger Munch 7DaysMay6

Word Art by In the Making Designs courtesy of Jessica Sprague.com.
Jen Maddocks Parchment, Venerable and Tell Your Story kits, Robyn M's Kraft Party paper and tag, Karen Funk Make It Count striped paper, Jen Allyson Vintage Findings paper, Karen Funk Bloghop stitched scallop, Celeste Knight Weathered Overlay, frame from Jopke Designs Evergreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment