Friday, May 6, 2011

Weeks 16 & 17 In Review

Ok, so I am kind of all over the place with weekly layouts, and I have not yet committed to completing the year, which would mean going backwards and doing weeks 1 through 9, but I do have weeks10, 11, 12 and 13 enjoyably done with Maya de Groot's Snap kit, and I did weeks 14 and 15 with Simply Kelly's Curvy Circles template, which got me (and Kelly) thinking, any 7-photo template will do, and so here is Week 17 with Simply Kelly's 7-Photo Template. I do not know why I skipped week 16, an oversight I guess, that I hope to correct soon (in fact I should horizontally transform this puppy and get to work on it).

Week 17 SKD 7-Photo Template

Credits:
Simply Kelly 7-Photo Template and P365 Month Stamp
Papers and elements - Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Barren Sunrise (recolored)
Gorgeous dogwood blossoms from Jen Maddocks Sunday Morning collab with Ashelee Wall (recolored)

Update! Week 16 is also done!  I did just what I said...took the elements from Week 17 and flipped them (easier said than done, but it worked out).  The colors and photos were different enough that the ArtPlay Palette Barren Sunrise was not going to work, but I used other Anna Aspnes products to tie the look of the two pages together, in addition to the template design.  This page features Anna's ArtPlay Palette Special One, with beautiful greens and turquioses accented with black and white stripes...LOVE!  The botanical roses were so perfect.  I colored one set with a simple watercolor brush.  And the crafty bird?  Well, it's just the kind of thing I would do.


Week 16 SKD


I've tentatively decided not to print these weekly layouts, but instead to save them for a Shutterfly book. I am looking forward to seeing these pages side by side in a 12x12 book.
Week 16 SKD Week 17 SKD 7-Photo Template

No comments:

Post a Comment