Saturday, May 14, 2011

Template Tuesday 14 - Gnew Gnomes

A little behind in using the Tuesday Template #14 from Jessica Sprague, which came out on the 3rd of May, but then I thought it might be appropriate to show the 14th template on the 14th of May.   And the photos were taken only a week ago, on the 7th of May.
When I opened this template, all the papers and elements were already in place, like a quick page, but layered and editable. So I saw this as an opportunity to make something quickly. I liked what I saw, very whimsical and  "Jessica ",  and thought of the new gnomes we encountered on our detour along Morningside Drive last Saturday, where we found two gnomes I had not met before, singing and dancing and having a great time in the shade of a tree next to a lovely fountain.
I did a bunch of recoloring to get mostly pink accents to turn orange.

My standby gnome kit is Woodland DieCuts from Kitschy Digitals, from whence came the cutout gnome and mushrooms.  Then I remembered a May technique challenge at Design House Digital to use an element to create a brush, so I made a mushroom brush and stamped it all over the background.

TT 14 Gnomes

No comments:

Post a Comment