Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tell Your Story and Celebrate Life


I can't express how much fun it is to take pictures and make them into digital art, yes a fancier word for digital scrapbooking, but we know how I like to make art. It helps me remember, relive, celebrate even the tiniest things, all making life a little more voluminous, not necessarily like life on steroids, but perhaps with a little volumizing mousse :-)

And so I ran for my camera when we finally got to comfortably have lunch out on the patio, and even needed the umbrella - it was teh perfect photo of the day! It seems like the last time we ate out was those cocktails in January.

May 1 Collab SS 301

This layout features the beautiful collab kit Life from Oscraps featuring a contribution from Maya de Groot.  How cool is that ribbon?  I did the layout as part of a speed scrap at Scrap Matters, thus the inclusion of 10 flowers, 3 ribbons, and stitching :-)

Well, it's all about telling your story, isn't it?  And so this Tell Your Story mini kit from Jen Maddocks just flowed right around my pictures from the back yard.  
The story?  Well, remember, that yard was the deal breaker, the reason I did not want to buy this house, and while I am still not deeply in love with it, I do appreciate how lovely it can be, and how it seems to be responding to the care it is getting by treating us to little pleasures like the lovely rose bushes.And then there is the view of which I never tire . . .

Yard Story JMD

I also used Jen Maddocks September, Venerable, the Take Flight collab from Digital Dandelions.  The cool text bits in the background are from Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palettes English Rose and Special One.

No comments:

Post a Comment