Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting Ready for Rome

In just one week, we will be in Rome!  This trip has been planned for so long, it is hard to believe it is about to come to pass.  There was one picture of Rome from Harry Weber's collection of postcards and photos from 1930, which I used in this layout.

Last weekend was the 2nd quarter chat event at Designer Digitals.  There is a storewide 30% off sale, for which my shopping cart is full of new Anna Aspnes products, and there were all day chats, freebies and challenges on Saturday.

The 9 am challenge was to do a collage layout.  Well, hello, that's what I love!

To keep it simple, I used the single photo of Rome in 1930.  The frame, tape strips, graph paper and red and green stamps were the provided freebie.  The notebook, pen, postcard, postal stamps and grunge frame are from Jen Maddocks Parchment.  I love how the elements from these two kits combined so beautifully.

The rest of the collagey goodies are from Anna Aspnes ArtPlay Palette Barren Sunrise - papers, overlays, transfers, brushes, all combined to add color, balance, lots of text, lines, scribbles, etc.  At one point I found I had added so much stuff, that the picture was a bit lost.  That's when I added the simple red mat and the ROME text using the Maple Origins font.

Rome DD Collage

No comments:

Post a Comment