Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weekly Layouts - Weeks 11 and 13


I am now in love with doing weekly layouts.  They help to document the less glamorous photos, those that don't make it into a feature layout, like the set of embroidered cuffs I made for Tracey's Christmas stockings.  And they well, capture the week!

After having so much fun creating a weekly for my rainy week 12, I went on to sunny week 13.

Week 13 Snap Template

I anticipate weeks 12 and 13 being side by side in a book or binder (yikes...a decision...do I make a book or print individually...oh, so many choices!), so I tried to unify the elements used on the two pages.

Week 12 Snap Template Week 13 Snap Template

I don't know how far back I will go. Some talk about how easy it is to do a weekly page with a template. Just plop in the photos and you are done. Well, not me. I edit the photos to compensate for bad light and bad photography, I add customized elements to highlight certain pictures (note the buttons, trim and bow on Megan's doll, the petals cascading from the apple blossom branches, oh I should have put a camera sticker on my self-portrait.  Oh wait, I can go back and do that!), I align and realign, I agonize over paper choices. But this is all fun, and in the end, I love the pages!

For week 11, the feature photo was the California poppy picture I took on the hill along Country Club Drive, so I went with an orange theme.  This is another of Maya de Groot's weekly Snap templates with papers and elements from Snap and Midsummer Night's Dream.

Week 11 Snap Template

No comments:

Post a Comment