Friday, April 1, 2011

New Month, New Creating


The rain, rain went away.  March showers brought April flowers.  We are experiencing a seasonal acceleration.  In a day we went from winter to summer...ah, California!

I have so much new art created in "my rainy period" I'm going to have to parcel it out so I don't bore myself.

I am thrilled to be newly creating for Jen Maddocks Designs. I've been an admirer and follower of Jen's for a while (in relative terms, I have not been doing this digital scrapping thing for very long) and was so pleased (and yes, surprised) to get a quick and positive response to my application to be on her creative team.

Jen is selling out of a brand new shop called Digital Dandelions. I think the idea behind the name is 'planting the seeds of creativity', I guess hoping these will multiply and spread like dandelions. Odd, but it works.

And so, without further ado, a couple of new layouts done with Jen's newest releases.

First...oh it is so much fun to be scrapping with the scans of Harry Weber's 1930 Europe trip. I don't know if anyone else can get as excited as me to see similar photos taken over 80 years apart, but no matter, I get excited!  I can't wait to have these printed and in my travel albums.  The background sketch is one I did before and used in both a layout and in Megan's 2011 calendar, but I love it, so am using it again.  It is very simple to do.  Start with a good photo (ie with good lines), colorize it, then use the 'Find Outlines' filter and adjust.  Lay it over a grungy mask for the best ethereal effect.
Venice Grand Canal
Credits:
Paper and elements - Jen Maddocks Venerable
Frame cluster - Nutkin Tailz Designs Remembrance of Times Past
Celeste Knight Weathered Frames

For these next two layouts, I dipped into the 2008 trip to the French and Swiss Alps.  Ah, I sigh each and every time I see or think about lovely Megeve and the Jungfrou region.  I could write a whole, long post about how this Quilt Template looks like my Picture Perfect quilt design, but that might be for another day.

Quilt2 Megeve JMD
Made with Jen Maddocks Quilt Templates 2 and Venerable plus additional papers and elements from Jen Maddocks Designs Facebook Freebie.

Quilt1 Jaillet JMD
The one uses Quilt Template 1 with papers and elements from Venerable (blue slightly recolored), with the background paper from Jen Maddocks Designs Stocking Parade.

Here are the previews for the kit and templates used in these layouts.  I am looking forward to doing more with these quilt templates!

1 comment: