Monday, April 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home - Part 1



Home Sweet Home is a new digital scrapbooking kit by Maya de Groot Designs.  This was an easy kit for me to work with, 'cause I love my home sweet home (most of the time), and have lots of pictures and ideas for this theme.

Maya is also the spotlight artist at Oscraps this week, so there are lots of Home Sweet Home layouts being showcased, giving me even more ideas (but not more time).

The first layout I did features that same old shot that I often take of the front of the house.  I can't ever get the whole house in the picture, but this was enough to set it up in a fantasy-whinsical way which matches the mood of the kit.  I love the brick extension of the wall, the faux-chimney with pictures of flowers inside, and the funky elements.  I hand drew the tree and the tulips by freehand cutting out of digital papers from the kit.  Very fun!

Home House 1

Here are the two kits primarily used in the layout, and note the Add On Kit is a FREEBIE!


Next up, more Home Sweet Home layouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment