Saturday, April 23, 2011

From My Canvas Flora


Well, the "my" as in "From My Canvas" is Jen Maddocks Designs, who created these wonderful artsy canvas papers, perfect for collage-like work.  Here I combined the papers with several pictures from a walk around the neighborhood last week.  Since I wanted something abstract, I also use Jen's Quilt Templates.  I love the surreal effect of the oversized but correctly colored leaves scattered throughout, and love the misty look of the word art.  One of my favorite things about this layout is the "date" and work "walk", as I like how it seems they are an extension of the paint splats on the canvas.  Simple use of the eye dropper tool, simple pleasures :-)
Oh and I must get back out today for more pictures of that cherry tree down the street, as the blooming has progressed and it is dramatic!

Morning Walk JMD Canvas

Previews of From My Canvas papers and Quilt Templates 2, found at Digital Dandelions.

No comments:

Post a Comment