Saturday, April 2, 2011

Focus on Simply Kelly's Focus Template


Simply Kelly is guest designing at Bits2Kits this month, and has created an awesome template exclusive to this shop.
This layout probably went together faster than any I have created in the last several weeks...no fuss in this bold, graphic, dynamic template. I used Kelly's A Formal Affair kit and a picture of Megan from my birthday brunch at Noeteca (yum, if Noeteca were in my neighborhood I would have to eat there every week!).

In order to better focus on the photo, I used a vellum overlay from Kelly's kit, clipped it to the photo, then erased it from away from the face and hair.

The other fun, and totally unnecessary, thing I did when putting together this layout...although "waste" has no meaning in digital scrapping, I still hate to waste pixels.  Wasted pixels do tend to add to the size of the layout, a concern to the hard-drive conscience.  When I am clipping papers to masks, I almost always use a selection tool to only cut out what I need.  So I had fun with the polygonal lasso tool cutting out the paper shapes I needed to fill the "rays" in the template.  Totally unnecessary, totally fun!

Focus Template Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment