Friday, April 22, 2011

"Edgy" Sunset

It was last August that I created Suburbanity, a layout of the sun setting on the eastern hills, with the addition of photos of the lions from our front fountain, and just a few grungy elements.

Sunset Scrapbook Page

This same layout adorns the back cover of my Summer 2010 Shutterfly book.  It remains one of my favorites.  It used an awesome overlay called Urban Grunge by Jen Maddocks.  I think this was the first of Jen's digital products that I purchased.  Here it is 8 months later and I am on the creative team for Jen, continuing to be inspired by her wonderful new creations as well as my old favorites.  Isn't that a great story?  It is for me :-)

A more recent sunset, this one from just last week, featured in this "Edgy" sunset layout, once again using Urban Grunge, along with the new release, Edgy, those wonderful scalloped curves that create so much flow and energy.  Just a little brushwork, some sparkles and word art, and done.

Sunset Edgy

Previews of Edgy and Urban Grunge, which can be found at Digital Dandelions.

No comments:

Post a Comment